Lead Compositor [DNEG Animation]
DNEG Animation is growing quickly after successfully delivering our first Animation feature and Short Film. Together we are bringing the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions to life.
Our Comp Lead works closely with the Compositing Supervisor, Lighting Supervisors and the VFX Supervisor to composite the numerous CG and DMP elements that complete the shot. The comp lead will be responsible for look development and building nuke templates whilst also supporting their comp team creatively and technically.
You will also be collaborating with other departments such as Lighting, DMP and MGFX to get the best results for your team. You will take part in client reviews, daily sessions and conduct regular desk reviews with your comp team.
- VFX / Feature Animation industry experience as a compositor working on high end features
- experience in leading a team
- a good understanding of the Feature Animation Pipeline
- a good understanding of dealing and working with full CG shots
- experience using Nuke
- a solid knowledge of projections in Nuke (and any 2.5D related work)
Nice to Have
- an interest in Feature Animation
- a passion for creating beautiful pictures
- a knowledge and interest in photography / practical lighting
- Critical eye for details
- Strong communicator
- Team oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Good organisational skills and time-management skills
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).