Expression of Interest - Rigging TD
Whilst we do not have any open positions right now, we would still love to hear from you!
We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a suitable position becomes available.
Riggers are in charge of producing animation rigs for digital doubles, creatures, props, and vehicles and the subsequent support that is required. As a Rigger you will find technical and creative solutions to develop high quality rigs according to the needs of the production. As this is a team effort, you'll work closely with our Creature Supervisors and Animation Leads/Supervisors to develop the most suitable rigging solutions for the production.
- Minimum of 2 years experience on VFX feature films/feature animation
- Deep knowledge and experience in Maya
- Comfortable with the more technical aspects of character/creature work
- Programming or scripting skills, preferably in Python
- Have strong visual and artistic skills
- Excellent understanding of anatomy
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical creature heavy post-production environment
- Strong facial rigging experience
- Software development experience in C++, PyQt and Python
- Knowledge of areas in CFX including cloth, hair, and muscle/skin
- A good general TD background
- Understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Organised, proactive and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- Positive, with a can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).