Expression of Interest - FX TD
Whilst we do not have any open positions right now, we would still love to hear from you!
We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a suitable position becomes available.
FX TDs at DNEG gather a variety of 3D assets produced by our Build, Layout and Animation departments and use off the shelf software - primarily Houdini - and custom pipeline tools to create high-quality particle, pyro, rigid body, fluid, cloth, fur and hair simulations for top VFX Feature Films.
- Minimum 3 years of high-end feature film VFX experience
- Proven experience in producing photo real effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle and voxel based rendering
- An eye for details, good sense of timing, and thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Experience in live action FX work
- Extensive knowledge of Houdini
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Familiarity with at least one node based compositing application (Nuke preferred), and a solid understanding of the compositing process
- Experience in other areas of visual effects (TV, Games) will also be taken into account
- A good generalist TD background
- Maya, Python, HScript or Mel knowledge
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).