Expression of Interest - Layout
Whilst we do not have any open positions right now, we would still love to hear from you!
We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a suitable position becomes available.
The Layout team at DNEG is a valued mix of technical and creative artists who continuously produce the highest level of work, sometimes under tight deadlines for large-scale work. The team is responsible for CG camera animation using cinematography principles, shot composition and character blocking. You will be producing pre-vis and post-vis CG cameras for high profiles features that will be subsequently used by other departments.
Part of your role will be posting on and composing digital assets for the rest of the pipeline to use. You’ll be responsible for maintain shot continuity across sequences while also modelling set geometry used during the match move process.
- VFX industry experience within a feature film environment
- Experience in sequence and shot composition
- Good working knowledge of cinematography in a virtual environment
- Excellent understanding of practical cameras and camera techniques
- Experience with previs animation and cameras
- Previous and creature animation blocking is desirable
- Thorough understanding of postproduction pipelines
- Broad 3D generalist experience, comfortable with match move, asset build and lighting
- Ability to troubleshoot issues related to camera tracking, scene continuity, and technical problems that may arise during the layout process
- A good working knowledge of Maya
- Good creative and technical problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and good time management skills
- Good prioritisation skills while effectively communicating with your coordinator/lead/supervisor
- A degree or equivalent in Computer Graphics, Animation or other related course is preferred
- Pro-active and good at problem solving
- Very meticulous and accurate
- Able to work under pressure on potentially short turn around times
- Able to take direction and feedback well from a supervisor
- Organised and able to create tidy scenes for use in the rest of the pipeline
- Team oriented and have great communication skills
- Highly motivated
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).