Expression of interest - Lighting Supervisor
DNEG Sydney offer a Flexible WFH Policy
Lighting Supervisors work under the direction of the VFX or DFX Supervisor and are responsible for establishing high-quality photorealistic and efficient lighting for our shows that are in line with the director’s creative vision.
They should ensure that the artists in their team use consistent methodologies to deliver the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way. They are expected to solve technical problems, design the approach to shots, and set the creative standard for their team.
Collaboration is central to DNEG’s success and it's essential our Supervisors lead and mentor artists on a show. You ensure communication flows through your team, offering creative and technical leadership, support and feedback. You’ll collaborate with other department supervisors and related pipeline teams to maximize render efficiency and streamline scene assembly. You’ll be the point of contact for all queries from our production team, working together to assign shots and tasks to the appropriate artist.
- Minimum 6+ years of high-end feature film VFX experience
- Proven team supervision experience
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Thorough understanding of 3D VFX processes and production pipelines
- Strong knowledge in physical-based rendering - shading, and lighting
- Strong knowledge in render efficiency
- Experience with handling and assembling complex scenes efficiently
- Demonstrates strong skill-set in troubleshooting pipeline issues
- Good understanding of compositing
- Strong artistic eye and understanding of colour, lighting and image analysis
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Clarisse, Houdini or Katana and Nuke
- Extensive experience in modern path tracers like Clarisse, Arnold, Prman (19+), Vray or other
- Experience meeting deadlines while retaining a high quality of work
- Excellent Stress Management skills
- Production experience using Clarisse
- Onset data capturing experience (HDRIs)
- Look development experience
- Experience in Cross Site work (remote collaboration with teams from other locations)
- Passionate about film and lighting
- A keen eye for composition and colour
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team leader, approachable and personable
- A collaborator and clear communicator
- Technically adept with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multi - platform content with studios in London, Vancouver, Toronto, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Bangalore, Montréal and Sydney.
Since the opening of our first studio in London in 1998 we’ve always focused on building close working relationships with filmmakers, we thrive on the collaboration and the creative energy this provides, and we are dedicated to delivering excellence on every project we are involved with.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).