Expression of interest - VFX Supervisor
DNEG Sydney offer a Flexible WFH Policy
As an industry proven professional, you will be comfortable overseeing the entire production process, working with people at all levels. You will be respected for your confidence and ability to set creative high quality standards, approving all work across your show. Constantly pushing for stunning image creation that matches and exceeds the Oscar winning visual standards DNEG is known for.
Clients will be attracted to your creative style and ability to resolve blockers with elegant, seamless solutions. Our crew will thrive off your collaborative, buy-in approach, clarity of notes and direction.
DNEG aims to continue to produce some of the best visual effects in our industry. Our ideal candidate will align with this goal.
- Extensive VFX post-production experience
- Have previously held the title of CG Supervisor or VFX Supervisor across a minimum of 2 to 3 major films
- Strong creative eye and aesthetic judgement, with a well-developed ability to work blend elements of light, composition, cinematic design and motion
- Full digital, post production competency covering all cg/asset and comp focussed departments
- Innate sense of composition, light, colour and excellent attention to detail
- Previous On-set supervision experience
- Needs to be comfortable working with production shoot areas including Directing, Cinematography, Lidar, Camera, Practical Effects, Grip, Art Department, Production Design, Model and Fabrication & Props
- Ability to work to and meet strict production deadlines, often under pressure
- Excellent communication & organisational skills with financial and budget management competency
- Previous experience working within a global business structure across multiple time zones
- Expert understanding of the power and practical use of industry standard software packages including Maya, Houdini, Nuke, Unreal Engine, as well as render engine solutions.
- Respectful & proven industry leader & mentor with strong motivational qualities
- Continually offer outstanding client services and experiences
- Technically and creatively astute
- Experience working with Art Department, Concept & Look Development teams, to help imagine and sell the work
- Organised, thoughtful and practical
- Maintain the highest level of attention to detail
- Effective and clear communicator
- Cool, calm & collected with the ability to keep your head above water throughout the project lifecycle
- Happy to exceed client expectations, without busting the budget
- Comfortable sharing knowledge, developing your peers and direct reports
- Considerate of cultural diversity and appreciative of each of the exceptional humans we are fortunate to work with.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).