Expression of Interest - FX Supervisor
Whilst we do not have any open positions right now, we would still love to hear from you!
We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a suitable position becomes available.
The FX Supervisor is responsible for leading a team of FX Artists and managing the day-to-day production needs. The FX Supervisor will supervise the FX team in the technical and artistic aspects of the visual effects production to ensure the highest-quality photorealistic simulations of FX are produced. You will be working closely with Producer, VFX Supervisor, Head of FX and other departmental supervisors.
- Must have a minimum of 8 years as FX TD and previous experience as an FX Supervisor
- Extensive knowledge of Houdini
- Proven experience in producing effects such as smoke, fire, clouds, water, steam and explosions, plus experience with particle and voxel based rendering
- An eye for details, good sense of timing, and thorough understanding of techniques and technologies relating to physical simulation in computer graphics
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and problem solving
- Experienced in project management, balancing quality with time constraints
- High level feature film experience in live action VFX Films
- Good experience in leading and training teams of FX Artists
- Excellent in artistic and technical skills
- Able to provide artistic and technical solutions to the Effects Team
- Knowledge of Python, HScript or Mel knowledge
- Experience in live action FX work preferred
- Maya and/or equivalent 3D software knowledge
- Excellent communicator
- Recognised attention to detail and organisation skills
- Proven team leader with strong motivational qualities and initiative
- Technically and creatively astute
- Highly organised
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).