Expression of Interest - Environment/Generalist Technical Supervisor
Whilst we do not have any open positions right now, we would still love to hear from you!
We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a suitable position becomes available.
The Environment/Generalist Technical Supervisor provides leadership and supervision to the technical aspects within the local and global VFX build department. This is a department – facing role involved with both maintaining our current systems and spearheading the development of new technology solutions for practical application in day to day production work.
The Environment/Generalist Technical Supervisor supports the Head of Build in defining the technical strategy that enables the department to create the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way.
You will be communicating with Heads of Departments, CG Build Supervisors, Production Technology, Workflow Architects (specifically Asset) and other Departments across all sites, developing and supporting consistent cross-department workflows and processes.
You will be designing and developing standardised department workflows, tools and processes for different types of work. You will be ensuring the right tools, technology and workflows are in place to deliver the highest quality work in an efficient manner.
A key facet of the role is providing technical leadership, support and feedback for all Department Supervisors and Artists.
- Extensive high-end feature film VFX experience
- A proven technical knowledge of all aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Broad range of build-discipline knowledge with experience in modelling, texturing and look development
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Maya, Houdini, Mari, ZBrush, Nuke & Substance Designer/Painter
- Extensive experience with rendering in Clarisse & Renderman
- Experience managing tool development in a production focused environment
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the natural world (geology, geography, and meteorology) and architecture (design and engineering)
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people including third party suppliers
Nice to Have
- Experience demonstrating & documenting tools and methods
- Experience in real-time applications - such as Unreal
- Experience with procedural city generation and scattering tools an advantage
- A collaborative, forward thinking, approachable leader and team player who is a clear communicator
- Able to provide technical advice and support for artists
- Adaptable, maintains a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meeting deadlines
- Good creative and technical problem-solving skills
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).