Expression of Interest - Creature TD
Whilst we do not have any open positions right now, we would still love to hear from you!
We will keep your details on our database and contact you when a suitable position becomes available.
CFX TDs are in charge of producing simulation rigs for creatures, digital doubles, vehicles, props and the subsequent simulations. As a CFX TD you will find technical and creative solutions to develop high quality rigs and simulations according to the needs of the production.
- Proven production experience on multiple VFX feature films
- Thorough knowledge of cloth simulation and expertise in muscle, skin, fat, hair and fur simulations
- Production experience using Maya
- Strong shot sculpting skills, including corrective shapes
- Experience with Houdini
- Have strong visual and artistic skills
- Familiarity with pipeline issues and a typical creature heavy post production environment
- Good understanding of anatomy
- Good troubleshooting skill and ability to read through a script/log
- Scripting skills in Python
- Rigging skills
- Good generalist skills
- Strong understanding of Linux/Unix based operating systems
- Organised, proactive and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).