Head of Enterprise PMO
Job Title: Head of Enterprise PMO
Reporting to the DNEG Chief Operating Officer, this individual will establish and maintain an Enterprise Project Management Office (EPMO), which will function to support DNEG corporate strategic planning and enterprise change initiatives; to provide portfolio, programme and/or project delivery support for enterprise initiatives; and to provide the company with standards of project management methodologies, change management, programme reporting, and governance processes. The Head of the Enterprise PMO will lead a team of Project Managers and support staff and manage directly our most critical enterprise change projects / programmes.
Essential Job Functions
- Collaborating closely with the COO, defines, implements, and sustains enterprise project management methodology, including processes, tools, metrics, and policies, to ensure optimal productivity, quality and business success, maturing enterprise governance in a logical stepwise manner.
- Directs the creation and support of central project status, documentation, and archive facilities.
- Supports and develops the EPMO through assessing staffing and skill requirements, hiring, managing and coaching direct reports to drive optimal performance across the team.
- Manages the overall Enterprise Project Management Office project portfolio, creating programme and project business cases and delivery plans that align with the company’s needs and goals.
- Facilitates stakeholder discussions on enterprise project strategies, prioritization, and ROI analysis
- Leads cross-functional project planning, opportunities for expediting timelines, identification of resource constraints, and proactively identifies complex project issues and risks, and assures appropriate escalation.
- Develops, tracks, and maintains integrated project timelines, project deliverables and milestones; including understanding and communicating inter-dependencies and critical path activities, ensuring stakeholder buy-in and regulatory and legal compliance where needed.
- Ensures project outputs meet requirements within time, quality, cost constraints
- Accountable for the financial controls, tracking, reporting of the EPMO portfolio.
- Ensures the business achieves its business outcomes, manages change effectively, understands the value of the projects and ensures the appropriate level of transparency via KPI reporting and other communications.
- Leads the coordination of project activities and resources across the organisation in a manner that maximises efficiency and minimises conflicts.
- Manages meetings and facilitates discussions using meeting management best practices to drive project strategy, scenario planning, cross-functional communication, timely and effective decision-making, and successful execution of program objectives; develops agendas and summarize key meeting discussions and decisions (meeting minutes).
- Works closely with and builds strong working relationships with executive stakeholders and cross-functional team members to develop a collaborative team environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned for the purpose of ensuring the efficient and effective functioning of the Enterprise Project Management Office.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- A strong pedigree in Portfolio Management, Change Management, and Strategic Execution/Governance
- Enterprise-level experience in Programme Management, with process/systems implementation capabilities
- Great line manager and team player, adept at holding others to account through supportive engagement, whilst consistently delivering on their own commitments.
- Ability to demonstrate and communicate strategic, financial, and commercial thinking, and to influence executive-level stakeholder decisions
- Speaks and writes clearly, concisely, professionally, and empathetically. Demonstrates an infectious passion for their work and the craft of project management
- Shares knowledge and information freely, is an avid mentor and champion of all talent
- Forward thinking with the ability to plan ahead whilst balancing the priorities of immediate delivery needs
- Proven practical ability to budget for and effectively manage resources including deployment of resources efficiently; champions innovative ways of working
- Engages collaborators with a positive can-do attitude. Keeps a close eye on morale and actively engages in creating a positive, successful team environment
- Demonstrates flexibility, calmness, consideration, openness to new ideas and intellectual curiosity
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities effectively, involving the right people, providing adequate onboarding, guidance, and oversight
- Experience in VFX is not essential.
- 10+ years of experience successfully managing medium to large size projects in a PMO environment
- High degree of competency with portfolio, programme, and project management including Agile, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies.
- Experience working with distributed projects, stakeholders, and clients across different geographical locations
- PMI/Prince2 certification or equivalent.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Mohali,Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).