Our Global Projects System Administrators play a crucial role at DNEG, and are responsible for the smooth running of the IT infrastructure across our global network of studios. At the heart of innovation and efficiency, they investigate and provide solutions to overcome business and production challenges, ultimately striving to fulfill the needs of a technologically driven, agile and rapidly expanding company in a secure and scalable way.
You will be expected to:
- Evaluate and strive for continuous improvement to DNEG’s IT infrastructure - research new systems, platforms and technologies suited to a global network of studios and manage the implementation and roll out
- Provide 3rd line technical support to our global infrastructure including support for our Netapp & Linux file servers, VMWare server clusters and back-up systems.
- Manage and maintain MySQL and Postgres databases and the services that use them.
- Manage all systems via change management systems and Saltstack
- Provide reporting and diagnostics using our monitoring systems; ELK, Sensu and Graphite
- Increase the efficiency & reliability of workstations, servers and render farm deployments.
- Build and maintain configurations for VDI clusters
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of applications across DNEG
An elite and close knit team, working closely with the CTO, the Project System Administrators aim to answer questions such as ‘how do we remove the IO bottlenecks from the render pipeline’ and ‘how can we optimise the IT infrastructure to improve collaboration across multiples sites?’
- Extensive experience working with and administering Linux systems
- Infrastructure/Systems Architecture experience, with demonstrable experience of technical design
- Demonstrates a proven track record of the identification of solutions and the ownership of the delivery of large scale global projects
- In depth understanding and experience of Python, Perl and Bash
- Extensive experienced user of GIT and change management
- Ability to articulate complex technical information to non-technical people
Nice to have
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent subject
- Management and regulation of systems
- Experience and understanding of cloud technologies
- Experience working with a ticketing systems, ideally JIRA
- Experience of mentoring and supporting development of junior team members
Commitment to Diversity
We would not be able to produce award-winning work without the support from our Systems team, which is committed to nurturing a diverse and exciting workplace. Our teams have a variety of backgrounds and originate from a number of different countries, working across the globe at the forefront of technology in the industry.
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.