Technology Project Manager
Title: Technology Project Manager
Our talented Technology Project Managers are enthusiastic leaders and are logical, organised in their approach to problem solving. They support the business by planning and coordinating the creation and maintenance of management and production systems.
As a Technology Project Manager, you will be managing all aspects of high-value Management systems projects, as well as having a hands-on role in the planning, designing, and execution of those projects. This position is responsible for coordinating the project team assignments, providing regular updates to all stakeholders and monitoring progress against the work plan to assure that objectives are met. The ideal candidate should demonstrate effective leadership skills with an ability to manage non-direct reports within a technical environment and an ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while leading each to successful and timely completion.
Needs to do:
- Applies technical and project management expertise while leading cross-functional resources to meet project requirements within established timeframes and budgets
- Analysis of problems, development, and realisation of solutions: Coordinates the gathering of project requirements to define the scope and deliverables in collaboration with all internal and external stakeholders. Ensure a common understanding by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan, aligning the stakeholders and team members
- Identifies appropriate resources needed, and develops a schedule to ensure timely completion of projects focusing on targeted outcomes
- Coordinates the efforts of the project team and instils cross-ownership and shared accountability
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members
- Execute tasks as defined in the project plan to achieve the project goals
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques to keep the project plan accurate, updated, reflective of authorised project changes as defined in the change management plan, and facilitate customer acceptance
- Maintain project controls that accurately reflect completed work against project plans, schedules, and budgets, and ensure user/management involvement at appropriate milestones
- Implement the approved actions and workarounds required to mitigate project risk events to minimise the impact of the risks on the project
- Provides and maintains all detailed project documentation including but not limited to project definition, roadmaps, project plans and testing plans for Capitalisation of projects.
- Manage overall Support management function - Escalation Management - SLA and SLI management - Incident, Change and Problem Management - SM reporting - Document management like Support policies, escalation matrix, RACI documents, etc.
- Routinely sets and manages expectations, including escalation activities and service level commitments, for both tech and business users. Works with management stakeholders and other divisions to resolve problems and escalations in a timely manner.
● Extensive facilities and technical management experience for local and remote teams
● Strong team management skills with experience of delegating and coordinating work.
● Proven track record of budgeting and forecasting.
● Previous experience in a similar role covering multiple sites.
● Proven ability to interact with key management stakeholders in other geographies.
● Ability to identify and implement changes in Technical Support policies and procedures.
● Ability to manage technically and geographically diverse resources of development, QA and production support capacity
● Ability to interact with all levels of an organisation.
Needs to be:
● Someone with strong team management skills.
● Flexible and pragmatic.
● Able to deal with complex situations and rapidly changing priorities.
● Persistent and willing to find alternative solutions.
● Hard working, effective and able to handle many concurrent tasks
● Able to work with others to achieve improvements.
● Someone who thrives on responsibility and taking initiative.
● An excellent communicator
● Skilled at working effectively as part of a global team.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).