Environment Modeller (DNEG Animation)
Since 2014, DNEG Animation has been collaborating with filmmakers and IP owners to create high-end animated content. Currently in production on major animated projects we are looking for new talent to join our growing team. Thriving on collaboration and the creative energy it provides, we will craft together spectacular visuals and bring to life the vision of both major Hollywood studios and independent productions! Visit our website to find out more about Animation at DNEG: https://www.dneg.com/dneg-animation/
Having established ourselves as a key player in Animation, we rely on our talented modellers to create highly detailed, appealing environments that establish the world for an Animated project.
Our team have the ability to build complex 3D environments and set pieces by taking direction from the Production Designer and working alongside Development Artists and the Layout Department to convert designs into builds and models. Appeal is key at DNEG and we expect our Modellers to have a strong eye for detail and aesthetic design.
You’ll be experienced enough to anticipate and communicate any model performance issues and ensure adherence to the Animation production pipeline protocols.
- Experience working on a high-level Animated content.
- Production experience as an Environment Modeller.
- Degree in Computer Animation or relevant course.
- Strong communication skills when working as part of a large team & pipeline.
- Traditional sculpting techniques using digital tools such as Maya or Z-brush.
- A strong sense of form, scale and proportion.
Nice to Have
- Experience in Unreal Engine or other real-time rendering softwares
- Highly motivated.
- Team oriented.
- Able to learn in house work flows and methodologies.
- Able to adapt to changing requirements or briefs.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).