The Department Manager role at DNEG is an exciting opportunity to work within our departments on some of the largest VFX feature films. It will see you working in collaboration with the Head of Department to ensure the smooth running of your respective Department(s).
As a Department Manager, working alongside the Head of Department, you will ensure the daily management of the Artist teams. By providing career management, organising suitable training and ensuring all shows are resourced correctly, Artist teams will have what they need to create the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way.
Working closely with your Department Production Coordinators, you will ensure the allocated work is progressing through the department effectively and deadlines are being met. You will also be responsible for building strong relationships with multiple show production teams, upstream and downstream departments, and instilling this into your team.
- Proven VFX Feature Film industry experience.
- Excellent understanding of a VFX production pipeline.
- Proven track record of delivering to a deadline and scheduling skills.
- Excellent knowledge of VFX in order to make critical calls on crew allocations and resourcing.
- Excellent teamwork ability– able to assemble and motivate teams and work effectively with others.
- Strong written & verbal communication – ability to interact with and integrate requests of the Producers, Supervisors, and Studio Leadership.
- Experience in managing artists and clients.
- Excellent conflict resolution and negotiation skills.
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Shotgun and/or Filemaker.
- Previous experience working in or with development teams.
- Passionate about film
- Organised and methodical in your approach to the work.
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering to short deadlines.
- A strong, clear communicator, leading teams with enthusiasm.
- A positive, can-do attitude.
- Highly motivated.
- Excellent listening & communication skills, able to take direction and receive criticism.
- A team leader, approachable and personable, with strong motivational qualities.
- Calm under pressure and committed to help productions meet deadlines.
- An effective people coach.
- Demonstrates superb problem-solving skills and takes initiative to propose ideas and suggestion.
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).