Virtual Production, Render Supervisor
Our Virtual Production Department is harnessing the power of real-time technology to empower filmmakers, by bringing visual effects closer to the filmmaking process. We are leveraging game engine technology, virtual reality and mixed reality to give directors, DOPs, and visual effects supervisors more creative control over their visual effects whilst filming.
The VP render supervisor collaborates closely with both artists and developers in the Virtual Production department to establish a pipeline for real-time asset creation, working along with the Head of Virtual Production on the development and growth of artists in the virtual production department and ensuring the department can deliver high-quality real-time assets. The goal is to provide the most photorealistic render for in camera vfx technics.
This role also involves close and regular communication with the Production Technology and Pipeline departments to ensure real-time workflows are integrated in a sustainable way and any other departments across multiple disciplines to ensure workflows for virtual production are compatible with their respective disciplines.
This position will require a thorough understanding of DNEG’s existing pipeline for feature films, and establishing workflows and best practices for authoring real-time content.
You will be accountable for:
- Responsible for pushing innovation through key technologies that will push the boundaries of render quality and performance in real time.
- Tool, technology, and workflow development enabling efficient delivery of high-quality work
- Guidelines and specifications for the delivery of real-time assets to the virtual production department
- Quality benchmarks and QC processes for real-time assets
- Good comprehension of colour calibration on LED and realtime engine
- Being proactive in ensuring artists in virtual production can deliver to their full potential
- Worked on real-time projects within film. Shipped at least one games project on current-gen consoles and/or PC
- Experience in establishing pipeline and workflows for real-time content creation
- Strong knowledge of asset optimisation techniques for real-time engines
- Experience with multiple DCCs (Maya, Houdini, and Substance preferred)
- Experience with the Unreal Engine
- Experience in using source control to collaborate with other artists on the same project (Perforce, or similar)
Nice to Have
- Shipped at least one games project on current-gen consoles and/or PC
- Film / TV visual effects experience
- Knowledge of scene description / interchange formats for film pipelines (Pixar USD, FBX, MaterialX, etc…)
- Practical experience with AR and VR technology
- Scripting languages / frameworks (Python, Unreal Blueprints, etc...)
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).