We have an exciting opportunity to be part of the future of storytelling with DNEG an industry leader in postproduction Visual Effects as a VFX Trainer within our London Studio.
Training is vital for the continued success of DNEG as a leader in the VFX industry and we truly understand the importance of developing our artists so they are able to reach their full potential and quickly adapt to new and changing VFX software and methodologies.
Reporting to our Learning and Development Manager, this VFX Trainer role will support crew departments that align with your skillset and background – as we have a diverse range of VFX experience in our training team we are able to focus our team on specialist areas as their experience dictates and are keen to hear about your areas of expertise and preferences.
A passion for both teaching and learning is essential.
- Delivery of inductions, covering the DNEG pipeline, tools & technical environment
- Working with experts in each discipline to deliver core training programmes
- Support experts to deliver specialist training when required
- Supporting crew with internal ‘user-group’ type presentations
- Delivery of DNEG’s supported entry route programmes
- Contributing to maintenance and development of training materials & documentation
- Supporting departments in identifying and evaluating training needs
- Working globally with the training team to address training needs
- Experience with Visual Effects or Animation pipelines
- Experience working as a VFX or Animation artist on films or TV projects
- Solid experience educating in the VFX industry
- Proven experience in training and mentoring
- Extensive experience working with software such as Maya, Nuke & renderers
- Ability to pick up new software quickly
- Exceptional communicator, facilitator and trainer
- Team player who is also self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently
- Flexible, positive attitude with the ability to react calmly in a pressurised situations
- Ability to liaise confidently and professionally with people at all levels
- Proven ability to influence and build strong working relations within an organisation
Nice to Have
- Degree or diploma in 3D Animation, Multimedia or an equivalent subject
- Experience working with Houdini
- Experience working with Clarisse
- Experience with Real-time technologies
- Experience developing VFX training curriculums
- Experience in supporting global training over multiple sites
- Experience supporting entry level talent
- Experience planning, designing and implementing wide-reaching training projects
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).