Software Developer, BI
BI Team at DNEG is looking for a BI Developer.
The BI Team caters to all the reporting requirements of various business teams within DNEG. BI Team creates and maintains the report that business teams rely on to handle business operations, monitor shows and take key business decisions across departments at DNEG.
- Interact with Business owners of various departments, gather reporting requirements, understand the business process and build BI reports based on business needs.
- Participate in the design and implementation of the data model required for the reports development.
- Develop and maintain the BI reports using BI Tool (Spotfire / PowerBI).
- Provide sprint-based updates on tasks’ progress.
- Ensure that bug reports and escalated support requests are dealt with swiftly and efficiently.
- Write documentation for Reports being developed.
- Coordinate and work with teams in remote sites in different time zones.
- 3+ years of report generation and report writing utilising Spotfire or other reporting or BI tools.
- Exposure to PowerBI/Tableau/data visualization software.
- Working knowledge of MySQL, SQL and PostGres.
- Experience in writing and optimising SQL queries and scripts
- Knowledge on Basics of Data WareHouse
- Working experience with database environment - understanding relational database structure and hands-on knowledge to extract/manipulate data.
- Strong organisational skills including proven ability to work with deadlines.
- Excellent analytical and debugging skills.
- Agile development experience using Scrum framework.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject or equivalent work experience.
Nice to Have
- Previous experience working in a VFX environment.
- Experience with Python, SPark is a plus
- Financial and numeracy skills including high levels of accuracy..
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Hands on Experience in any of the ETLs: Informatica, Pentaho, Spark, SSIS (DTS)
- Excellent communicator
- Dedicated to support the employees
- Willingness to learn and develop your skills
- Problem solver
- Great eye for detail
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).