Animation Technical Supervisor
The Animation Technical Supervisor provides technical leadership and hands-on solutions for both the local and global Animation department. They will primarily contribute to long term department development, although at times they may be required to assist in troubleshooting on shows, or to implement new technology solutions in the context of active production work.
- Working closely with the animation team to develop new methodologies and workflows.
- Help to improve animation efficiency through tool development.
- Collaborate with software development teams on the designing, testing, and roll-out of new technology.
- Represent the needs of the animation department in cross-department pipeline and R&D planning conversations.
- Providing front-line support to animators, troubleshooting shots, and helping artists with general problem-solving inside maya and with the pipeline.
- Creating artist facing documentation to support the team.
- High level of proficiency in all technical areas of animation technology including; Linux, Maya Python scripting, QT, deep understanding of maya API.
- Excellent python scripting skills, adherence to coding standards, familiarity with git and active engagement in code reviews.
- Experience with VFX pipeline architecture and problem solving.
- A strong drive for optimization and efficiency while empowering artists.
- Good self-management and time management skills.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Strong team working skills, supportive and collaborative when under pressure.
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with Maya.
- Familiarity with Animation workflows.
- Broad understanding of User Experience philosophy.
Nice to Have
- Experience in Unreal
- Experience in Feature Animation, TV or Games will also be taken into account
- Knowledge of the rigging process
- Organized, proactive self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator
- Good attitude towards the work by being approachable and personable.
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meeting deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).