The Production Manager role at DNEG is a rare opportunity in managing the largest VFX feature films, where we have two or more sequence Line Producers. The role will see you working closely with the Producer and Supervisors to master an effective plan for the show, finding solutions to creative and technical challenges, and planning accordingly.
You will be managing the Line Producers, helping them define clear milestones for the delivery of assets, shots, temps and finals, and working with them to produce detailed shot schedules tracking weekly progress. Excellent communication skills are needed as you will be working closely with the Company Scheduler and Heads of Departments to manage crew needs, and create an effective approach for the visual effects work.
- Minimum 5 years VFX Feature Film industry experience
- Proven track record of delivering sequences at Line Producer or equivalent level
- Excellent knowledge of VFX in order to make critical calls on crew allocations and resourcing, especially as the show nears delivery
- Proven project management experience
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Project (or similar)
- Experience in database work
- Experience in managing artists and clients
Nice to Have
- Knowledge of Filemaker
- Passionate about film
- Clear in planning with artists, supervisors and clients
- Organized and methodical in your approach to the work
- Calm under pressure and capable of delivering short deadlines
- A strong, clear communicator, leading teams with enthusiasm
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 8,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).