The Artist Manager works closely with the Head of Department to provide career management for artists and ensures all shows have the teams they need to create the highest quality work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way.
The Artist Manager will have involvement in recruitment, performance reviews, artist skills assessment and training in order to cultivate our fantastic team of VFX artists. There will also be clerical duties which will assist the smooth running of the departments. You will partner with our Head of Departments, Department Production Managers and Human Resources department.
A core component of your role as Artist Manager is the line management of your teams. You will be accountable for performance management of your team members and conduct probation and annual performance reviews. In addition, you will be responsible for ensuring artists development within the business by creating appropriate training strategies and collaborating with Department Production Managers to schedule artists on shows appropriate to their skill level and ability. This role is responsible for creating and building a positive artist culture within your departments and supporting artists to reach their full potential.
This position will see you taking a leading role in recruitment through reviewing applications, interviewing and participating in planning salary offers for new candidates, ensuring balance is maintained within the team.
The Artist Manager is responsible for managing VFX artists across multiple departments with varying disciplines.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the VFX industry working closely with artists
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to problem solve and resolve conflict
- Ability to handle difficult conversations and providing constructive feedback when necessary
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to establish priorities and delegate accordingly
- An understanding of the needs and demands of a production-driven environment
Nice to Have
- Proven track of interpreting resourcing and training needs and delivering results
- Experience working as a VFX artist
- Experience working as part of a film VFX pipeline
- Ability to complete aspects of shot production
- Experience with initiating and building strong working relationships within an organization
- Experience operating within a management or leadership role
- Experience managing animators or keen interest in working with an animation team
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).