Virtual Art Lead
The Virtual Art Department Lead works within a team to develop and deliver highly detailed, realistic and optimized 3D assets and Virtual Environments inside the Unreal Engine for use in Virtual Productions for Film and Episodic Television.
- 5+ years of professional game production or Virtual Art Department experience in a Senior or Lead Artist role
- A commitment to teamwork, excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Expert knowledge of Zbrush/Maya//Houdini or equivalent
- Expert knowledge of Substance Painter/Photoshop/Marmoset/Quixel Mixer or equivalent
- Proficiency in the areas of Lighting, Layout, Sequencer Animation, Rendering and Blueprint creation inside Unreal Engine
- Experience optimizing assets and environments for VR
- Working knowledge of Source Control/Perforce
Nice to have
- Python scripting knowledge
- Understanding of Rigging characters, Props and Vehicles in Maya and translation of that data into Unreal
- Experience building landscapes in Unreal as well as landscape materials and procedural environment shaders
- Familiarity with CVar cmds for environment optimization, troubleshooting and activation of less exposed engine features
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).