Technical Resource Manager
Sitting between our Technology and Production departments, the Technical Resource Manager is relied upon heavily to forecast needs related to software licences, render farm capacity and disk space. Communication is key in this roe because it’s your responsibility to ensure production team are sharing the available resources and improving workflows and practices so usage is as efficient as possible.
Working closely with the IT team, you will manage all licences purchases and installations while also being the point of contact for all render farm and disk utilisation questions. You’ll also work together to develop tools for managing, monitoring and reporting on resources in the facility. Alongside this, it is important senior management are aware of our resources and when changes can be made to improve efficiency so regular resource usage reports, forecasts and resource issues will need to be flagged when needed.
This is an central role at DNEG so it’s imperative we find a Technical Resource Manager who will thrive being responsible for analysing, identifying, documenting, recommending and implementing policies and best practices for monitoring and managing production resource needs, such as disks, processors, licenses and workstations.
- In depth knowledge and experience with UNIX/Linux operating systems
- Strong communication skills, being able to effectively interact with diverse teams
- Customer service orientated
- In depth knowledge of the lifecycle of a VFX show
- Able to work autonomously as well as in a team
- Great attention to detail and strong organisational skills whilst being able to multi-task and prioritise
- Motivated self-starter with excellent time management skills, able to work within tight deadlines
Nice to have
- Leadership experience
- Analytical and Data reporting skills
- Professional scripting experience (mainly Perl/Python)
- Natural problem solver
- Pro-active and willing to take initiative
- Committed to achieving targets
- Deadline drive
- Team oriented and adaptable
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation companies for the creation of award-winning feature film, television, and multiplatform content. We employ more than 10,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London), Asia (Bangalore, Mohali, Chennai, Mumbai) and Australia (Sydney).