CG Build Technical Supervisor
The CG Build Technical Supervisor supports the Head of Build in defining the technical strategy that enables the department to create the highest quality of work on time, on budget, and in a sustainable way.
You will be communicating with Heads of Departments, CG Build Supervisors, Production Technology, Workflow Architects (specifically Asset) and other Departments across all sites, developing and supporting consistent cross-department workflows and processes.
You will be designing and developing standardised department workflows, tools and processes for different types of work. You will be ensuring the right tools, technology and workflows are in place to deliver the highest quality work in an efficient manner.
A key facet of the role is providing technical leadership, support and feedback for all Department Supervisors and Artists.
- Extensive high-end feature film VFX experience
- A proventechnical knowledge of all aspects of the VFX pipeline
- Broad range of build-discipline knowledge with experience in modelling, texturing andlook development
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Maya, Houdini, Mari,ZBrush, Nuke & Substance Designer/Painter
- Extensive experience with rendering in Clarisse & Renderman
- Ability to communicate with a wide variety of people including third party suppliers
- Experience managing a team
Nice to Have
- Experience demonstrating & documenting tools and methods
- Experience in real-time applications - such as Unreal
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- A team leader, approachable and personable, with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).