Position Purpose and Objectives
As part of the Total Rewards and HR Information Systems global center of excellence, the Compensation Specialist is a strategic and highly visible role responsible for developing compensation programs and policies, advising and training managers and HR on compensation practices and maintaining global job, salary, and benefits information. Reporting to the Director, Total Rewards and HR Information Systems, you will be well supported by a global HR team and HR systems specialists, as you get involved in a variety of mandates related to total rewards. This is the first specialist of it’s kind at DNEG, and as our COE grows and evolves, this is a unique opportunity for an entrepreneurial, creative, and high energy person to have a big impact on shaping Total Rewards strategy in a global organization.
- Provide compensation analysis and recommendations for all newly created positions. Maintain DNEG job catalogue and job descriptions; assure alignment within HRIS.
- Support HR with conducting analysis, validating results, and making compensation recommendations.
- Participate in design, development, and revision of remuneration policies, such as salary structures, wage management, incentive programs, etc., assuring governance can be supported within the HRIS, as much as possible.
- Advise HR Business Partners and Managers on the application of various compensation programs and policies.
- Act as resource person and trainer for the HR community with respect to compensation.
- Analyze market data and make recommendations in order to properly position the company’s remuneration in relation to its market references; maintain and update internal salary ranges.
- Support annual salary reviews
- Administration and maintenance of annual bonus plans. Maintain and update all documents, assure all bonus information is tracked, prepare annual bonus payouts for approval. Communication and training on bonus plans for HR and leadership, as needed.
- Participate in salary surveys and other studies, as needed.
- Provide research and insights to HR teams on competitiveness of benefits offerings and opportunities for enhancement.
- Manage pay equity maintenance exercises
- Participate in other compensation related project, as required.
- Provide insight and analytics around Total Rewards, as needed.
- 2-5 years of experience working directly with employee compensation: preferably as a Compensation Specialist but would consider HR Business Partner/Generalist with strong compensation background.
- Specialized training in Total Rewards or Compensation or Compensation Accreditation is a strong asset
- Highly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of pay equity legislation and other pay-related legislation
- Experience with job evaluation methodology. Specific experience with Aon Radford would be a strong asset.
- Exceptional attention to detail; demonstrated ability to track, maintain and organize large quantities of information.
- Exceptional communication skills: must be able to train stakeholders at all levels on complex/technical concepts with a high degree of patience and clarity.
- Project management and change management experience. Demonstrated ability to apply change management concepts.
- Advanced excel and/or Google Sheets skills
- Good judgement and discretion with highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Systems-minded: experience with implementing or developing an HR Information systems or other tools to support compensation management is a strong asset.
- Experience with US, UK, or Indian pay programs is an asset (but not required)
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).