Lead Realtime TD
Our Virtual Production Department at DNEG provides a cutting-edge service to clients and help them return film to its roots, being able to see what is being filmed as it happens, using Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and more.
Virtual production is quickly becoming adopted across the industry, allowing creatives to visualize intuitively and effortlessly, using the latest on-set tools.
As an on-set Lead Realtime Technical Director for our Virtual Production team, you will be working closely with our on-set specialists, supporting the film making process and ensuring our team remain dynamic, versatile and efficient. Your work will improve the overall creative experience and ensure educated decisions can be made. You will be using a variety of tools, software and hardware to quickly create and deliver on set solutions with the director and crew as they film.
As well as being technically proficient, you will also need to be a solid communicator. This role will require you to run on-set collaborative demos with Directors, VFX supervisors, and VFX artists.
- Minimum 3 years experience using Unreal Engine and BluePrint
- Experience covering real-time production in video games or other production pipelines
- Understanding of real-time VFX workflow
- Strong communication skills in client-facing situations, including but not limited to, email, database tracking.
- Understanding and interpretation of creative notes and feedback
- Strong knowledge of nDisplay set up
- Experience working and creating 3D assets in Maya and Motion Builder for use in Unreal Engine
- Character & camera animation experience in game focused pipelines
- Solid understanding of workflows inside UE4, including knowledge of lighting, particle systems, post-processes, material setup and optimization
- Must be efficient, reliable, self-motivated and passionate about your work, requiring minimal supervision
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot in-engine and hardware issues including VR headsets or trackers
- Calm under pressure and comfortable working to tight, rolling deadlines.
- C++ programming
- Prior experience working on a film / tv production set
- Knowledge of virtual production pipelines for film or television
- Experience working with photogrammetric Modeling
- Knowledge of setting up and troubleshooting Virtual Reality headsets or similar hardware
- Familiarity working collaboratively on projects with other artists and programmers using a source control system, e.g. perforce or equivalent (git, SVN etc.)
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading visual effects and animation studios for the creation of feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).