Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (“COO”) of DNEG, the General Manager will be responsible for providing vision and leadership to our London visual effects studio, ensuring the stability and competitiveness of the company.
You will work closely with London’s Heads of CG and Production to direct and oversee production activities and deliverables locally while also advising and working with our department managers to achieve the desired outcomes. You’ll provide recommendations regarding effective utilization of long and short-term resource management, and guide other strategies to increase productivity and well-being.
Your position as General Manager will see you guiding and managing site teams including Finance, Facilities, HR and Talent Acquisition to develop strategies to meet the wider goals of the group.
You will be expected to:
- Act as an ambassador for DNEG at industry and media events
- Continuously make efforts to encourage employee engagement
- Work with HR to develop and implement internal policies in line with DNEG’s global values
- Ensure communication between departments is on-going, mediating discussions when needed
- Act as a liaison to senior management to keep them updated on activities within the studio
- Have financial oversight at a local level, helping to manage budgets and plan major spends
- Work closely with our General Managers in other sites to promote unified processes and practices where appropriate
Must have experience:
- Minimum 10 years working in-house post-production
- At least 5 years in a senior management post within the VFX industry
- Strong knowledge of visual effects across production, supervision, and management
- Significant background in business management, planning, and financial oversight
- Personnel management including hiring, supervision, and evaluation
Must have core skills and values:
- Ability to drive a culture forward by establishing policies and practices that promote the company’s vision. Proven to care about the little things to encourage employee engagement
- Invigorated by the industry and ready for the challenge ahead. Enthusiastic and passionate about DNEG and willing to use your experience to advance the studio in all areas
- Business savvy with the ability to see the bigger picture and not be distracted by trivial matters
- Pragmatic in your decision making
- Proven ability to cope with conflict and crisis situations and navigate political climates
- Advocate for positive change and demonstrated experience guiding new initiatives to completion
- Comfortable implementing strategies to improve operational efficiency
- A proactive leadership style with a strong track record in building and maintaining relationships with your team and peers. Willing and eager to share your skills and knowledge with others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.