No show at DNEG would be successful without the careful direction and leadership given to the team by our VFX Supervisors. They are responsible for connecting the creative visions of the Directors and Producers to our artists throughout the VFX project from conception to completion.
Our VFX supervisors are industry-proven individuals who oversee the production process and confident in their ability to approve all work on their show to the standard Double Negative is known for and our clients expect. They are technical savvy and ready to provide solutions to artists when needed.
DNEG aims to produce the best VFX in the industry and our VFX Supervisors are pivotal in achieving this goal.
- At least 10+ years VFX post-production experience.
- CG Supervisor or possibly previous VFX Supervisor experience on 2 or 3 major films required
- Creative eye and aesthetic judgment – knowing composition, cinematic design, and animation timing
- Needs to have an understanding of Directing/Lighting/Camerawork/Practical Effects/Camera Gripping/Art Department/Production Design and Props
- Innate sense of composition, light, color, and excellent attention to detail
- On-set supervision experience.
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines often under pressure
- Excellent communication, organization skills and financial and budget management skills
- Expert in industry-standard software packages such as Maya, Houdini. A thorough understanding of the CG & 2D principles and pipeline is essential
- Proven leader with strong motivational qualities
- Technically and creatively astute
- Strong attention to details
- Effective and clear communicator
We are DNEG, one of the world’s leading VFX and animation studios for the creation of award-winning feature film, television and multiplatform content. We employ nearly 7,000 people with worldwide offices and studios across North America (Los Angeles, Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver), Europe (London) and Asia (Bangalore, Chandigarh, Chennai, Mumbai).