Business Development Manager (Remote on East Coast)
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join the ASUS Systems Business Group’s Commercial Sales Team working remotely from the East Coast. They will be responsible for all Commercial sales functions within an assigned account base. In addition, they will manage and develop Named EDU Accounts on the East Coast. The Business Development Manager will work to develop business relationships to best leverage and enable ASUS penetration across various market segment verticals, including specific emphasis and focus on the K-12 market vertical.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with ASUS Sales & Product Management Teams to develop go-to-market strategies for ASUS Products and Services.
- Proactively identifies sales opportunities with assigned education and reseller accounts.
- Focuses to develop ASUS relationships and engagement within all levels of the assigned account base.
- Executes a business plan focused on driving unit/revenue growth and measurement against defined targets for the assigned account base.
- Maintains multiple contacts within a large customer base, providing routine communication about ASUS products, programs, offers, and promotions.
- Travels to various customer locations to conduct face-to-face trainings and meetings to further develop ASUS business.
- Weekly, routine onsite engagement to drive awareness and visibility for both short-term & long-term sales opportunities/pipeline.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or relevant field
- 5+ years of prior Outside Sales experience in IT Hardware, Software, or Services.
Knowledge and Skills
- High understanding of Indirect Commercial Sales and Customer acquisition process.
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills.
- Ability to articulate the ASUS value proposition.
- Ability to influence at all levels both with customers, and internally at ASUS.
- Expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, customer buying patterns and marketing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organizations.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, attention to detail, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work remotely.
- Highly proficient with MS Powerpoint and Excel.
- Named Account relationships and knowledge of the K-12 market a plus.
- Business plan development and execution.
- Demonstrated quota achievement.
- Strong knowledge of Commercial Distribution/Reseller Channels and End Customers.
- Technical proficiency in Computer Hardware/IT environments.
- Proven ability to sell in a complex and dynamic situations.
- Works from remote home office on the East Coast – Preferably in North Carolina
- Daily required Telephone, Email, Communication duties.
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Face-to-Face Training, Client Engagement, Internal Reporting.
- 50%+ travel required.