Staff Accountant II
Job Description Overview:
This role is responsible for general accounting functions including preparing journal entries, maintaining account and bank reconciliations in accordance with GAAP, conducting monthly closings and account analysis and planned to be fostered as owner of all ecommerce business. In order to reach the goal, you have to be more sensitive to numbers, have excellent analytical skills, and have effective problem-solving skills to detect abnormity, so that potential mistakes can be avoided, and chances of improvement of business result and process can be identified.
- Reconcile and Analyze E-commerce business
- Analyze expense accounts for the accuracy of month end close and prepare JEs to correct if any with the proposal of future prevention
- Prepare monthly & quarterly group reports
- Perform a deep dive of monthly and quarterly expense for future improvement
- Maintain and control the drivers of all expenses including but not limited workload
- Participate month end close tasks as assigned such as bank reconciliation, income tax provision and group package
- Work cross-functionally with other departments and ensure compliance with HQ internal control requirement, US GAAP and tax regulation
- Fulfill requests of external quarterly review and annual audit
- Keep improving efficiency and accounting quality through the finding from different kinds of analysis
- Assist with other tasks assigned and projects as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of sales tax and general accounting.
- Proficient in MS office, especially excel (such as vlookp, sumifs, index, pivot table, and etc).
- Ability to set tasks, priorities and deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in English & Mandarin.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting is required, additional tax course or degree is preferred.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in GL accounting or tax field, income tax experience is a plus.
$75,000 - $90,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role working in Fremont, California office. It does not include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, & 401(k). The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.