Network Security Administrator
The Network Security Administrator role is responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and managing an organization's networks. The primary goal is to ensure the efficient and secure communication of data and resources within an organization, as well as with external entities such as clients, partners, and the internet. Performs a wide variety of installation, configuration and upgrading of networks, workstations, servers and related hardware and software in a LAN, WAN and stand-alone environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, software and infrastructure and end-user training where required.
Job Title: Network security Administrator
- Network Monitoring and Maintenance:
- Monitoring network performance, availability and reliability to ensure smooth operation.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing network issues and outages promptly
- Performing routine maintenance task such as updating firmware, applying patches and optimizing network performance.
- Network Installation and Configuration:
- Designing, installing, and configuring network infrastructure, including routers, switch, firewalls, wireless AP, ISE, DHCP and DNS
- Setting up IP addressing, subnets and VLANs to segment the network logically.
- Security Management:
- Implementing and maintaining network security measures to protect against unauthorized access, data breaches and cyberattacks.
- Configuring firewalls and DDos prevention
- Conducting security audits and vulnerability assessments to identify and address potential weaknesses in the network.
- User Support: assisting users with network-related issues, including connectivity problems,
authentication and access permissions. providing technical support and guidance
to help users.
- Network Documentation:
- Creating and maintaining detailed documentation of the network topology, configurations and procedures.
- Keeping track of IP address assignments, network diagrams and equipment inventory.
- Network Upgrades and Scaling:
- Planning and implementing network upgrades to accommodate growth and changing technology requirements.
- Scaling the network infrastructure to handle increased traffic and demands as the organization grows.
- Collaboration with HQ IT tams:
- Coordinating with HQ IT teams, such as server administrators, database administrators and security teams to ensure seamless integration of network service.
- Handle/review networking service billing/contract and process in company internal system.
- Manage vendors and hold them accountable to contractual SLA’s and obligations.
- Perform most effective approach to restore, recover, or alter configurations, logical or physical, to maintain service integrity.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming and communication abilities
- Works well individually or in a group setting
- Network L2 switching with VLANs, STP, VTP, DTP, LACP, FCOE
- Network L3 routing with OSPF, BGP, MPLS, EIGRP etc
- Network Security Firewalls FortiGate, Palo Auto
- Network Security ISE, ACLs, NATs, SSL/TLS
- Network management/monitoring tools whatsup gold and Netflow
- Network Voice VOIP, SIP, Voice gateway, CUCM
- VPN solutions to include Site to Site and client based VPN.
- Deep network troubleshooting analysis with a network trace/dump, Wireshark etc
- Work well in a fast-paced, changing environment and be able to manage multiple tasks, projects, and initiatives with different priorities at the same time.
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem solving skills, while maintaining a business level view towards resolution for the employee.
- Good process orientation and ability to clarify objectives, evaluate options, consider implications, assess risks, and make key decisions
- Two or more years of experience in a network administration role
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in computer science or related field
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers
- Experience with Fortinet and Palo Alto Firewall
- Professional certification, such as CompTIA Security+, CCNA
$65,000 - $70,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role working in Fremont, California office. It does not include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, & 401(k). The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.