Director of Finance
Job Description Overview:
At ASUS, the Director of Finance manages and oversees the whole finance team which consists of AR, AP, PF&A, GL and tax 5 functions across US, Canada. You will have 7 direct reports and 40+ indirect. Being a Director of Finance, you will demonstrate not only the leadership within the team, guide team members to ensure the reporting accuracy under U.S. GAAP/IFRS, tax compliance and proper internal control but also communication skill to team work throughout the company, drive any chance to improve the financial result by analyzing the financial figures.
- Oversee and manage the finance functions which includes AR, AP, PF&A, GL and taxes.
- Analyze financial figures to improve the processes and financial results.
- Organize the team to work with the external auditors to accomplish the quarterly review and annual audit.
- Design and improve internal control and related policies.
- Review and approve journal entries and financial packages for consolidated purpose.
- Ensure the accuracy of all tax filings which includes but not limited to property tax, sales tax, and income tax of US and Canada.
- Research, advise and prepare any adjustment due to the business changes.
- Communicate with tax consultants/engines for regular compliance and special project.
- Lead teams to the communication of any project initiated by the other department.
- Suggest and implement new tool and technology to improve team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Foster the team to make sure they can be always outstanding throughout the career path within the company.
- Design and deploy knowledge management plan within the team.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient in MS office, especially excel (must be familiar different kinds of functions for analysis).
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP and IFRS.
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results.
- Hands on capability of all finance area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Mandarin speaking is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required with CPA license, master is a plus.
- At least 10 years of experience in accounting and at least 5 years in supervisory role.
- Computer industry work experience is preferred
$160,000 - $200,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role working in Fremont, California office. It does not include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, & 401(k). The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.