Technical Product Management
Job Description Overview:
The Technical Product Management role is to assist the TPM and Sales team proactively engaging with assigned, target and or named accounts. Collaborate and coordinate internally with both Sales and HQ teams to come up with product solution and strategy to meet each individual customer’s requirement and needs. He or she will be responsible for collecting and analyzing feedbacks/requests from Sales and customers for server product lines and provide product strategy and execution plan leveraging Asus server product portfolio, emphasizing on Enterprise, Telco and Cloud Service Provider segments.
The ideal candidate must possess extensive knowledge and experience in related fields and proven track record with outstanding personality and ability to function independently as well as cross function and inter-department communication. The person must have strong organizational planning or problem- solving skills, able to work well under pressure and meet deadlines, and is able to manage multiple tasks and/or project without losing focus. This person needs to be proactively working independently and strategically to plan and execute, as well as collaboratively with the supporting teams and tactically to reach the established goals or achieve the assigned tasks in a timely manner.
He/she has excellent written and verbal communication skills and possesses strong interpersonal skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following essential duties and responsibilities (other duties may also be assigned)
- Liaise between business and technical teams (locally & internally with HQ) per major project/account/business opportunity and consolidate technical proposal.
- Collect and consolidate the forecasted demands from sales and customers and provide weekly update to HQ.
- Assist Sales/Business team engaging with assigned and target customers or named accounts at various levels. Be responsible for major RFP/RFQ/RFI and coordinate internally with HQ to provide/present technical proposal, solution and updates to Sales and customers.
- Coordinate and develop product roadmap together with business and HQ teams for server/workstation system products.
- Provide product training to internal teams, sales teams and customers
- Develop and deliver a clear strategy by working with both HQ teams and HW/SW partners from the eco system and come up with potential solution to meet customer’s needs.
- Manage, maintain and create technical product document/solutions including product sales kit, presentation deck and overall server product solutions and updates to Sales/Business teams.
- Participate weekly meeting with HQ when it’s needed.
Years of Education or Work Experience
- Minimum of 5 years in technical product/project/program related experiences. Familiar with OEM/ODM account, project and business process.
- Demonstrated ability in technical product management role. Must have experiences managing a number of products or projects from initial engagement through development discussion, EVT/DVT/POC (proof of concept), PVT/MP, product launch and/or mass production.
- Excellent communication and presentation skill is a must,
- 1)-able to communicate effectively with customers to promote, answer questions, and receive feedback.
- 2)-able to proactively drive cross function teams internally to provide technical solution and updates to meet customer and project deadlines.
- Stable working experiences.
Knowledge and Skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook and Salesforce.com
- Solid understanding of ODM account and business process. Familiar with the technology ecosystem and working knowledge of the fundamentals of technology preferred.
- Ability to present product information, business opportunities and progress to a large audience including senior management
- Ability to translate technology features into business benefits
- Detailed oriented and Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work in a self-directed environment
- Priority setting skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented corporate environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin is a plus.
- Master degree in related filed or equivalent is preferred.
- Bilingual in both English and Mandarin preferred.
- Proven track record of partnership and relationship with accounts in the related industries, verticals and regions.
- Excellent knowledge in computers/servers and the most current technology trends
- Remote working is acceptable
- Ability to travel – up to 30% travel potentially