Human Resources Manager
Job Description Overview:
ASUS is searching for a Human Resources Manager that is well-rounded experience as a generalist or office manager but desires to hone the skill sets better for the next level of career development. This is a great opportunity for a self-starter with strong organizational and creative problem-solving skills in a start-up environment working directly with executives. The HR Manager will provide accurate and timely responses to inquiries by employees, benefits brokers, insurance carriers, and vendors. The position is mainly responsible for benefits administration, processing payroll, managing Leave of Absences including PDL, FMLA, and CFRA, and Workers’ Compensation. As a HR Manager, you will also be part of the safety team and the events committee.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Payroll: Will process semi-monthly or bi-weekly payroll, reimbursements, manual adjustments, final checks, merit increases, severance checks, commission/bonus checks, tax filling, garnishments, deductions, and maintaining records according to government standards
- HRIS and system management: Maintain HRIS systems and collaborate with HQ in Taiwan to resolve issues with SAP. Work with managers to ensure that tickets (to promote, re-class, and transfer) contain the necessary info and are processed in a timely manner
- Benefits: Main contact for all employee health and wellness benefit inquiries; allocate and reconcile monthly invoices per department; work with carriers and brokers to revise benefit materials, strategize benefit offerings (options and pricing), resolve discrepancies and enrollment/termination issues. Conduct open enrollment education programs. Monitor ACA compliance and filing
- Wellness: Propose annual wellness budget, create and execute company’s wellness fairs (source vendors, plan agenda, schedule biometric screenings), implement wellness initiatives throughout the year, and establish productive relationships with local vendors.
- LOA and WC: Work with employees and managers to develop leave of absence plans in accordance with state and federal regulations. Maintain and follow up with employees on LOA to ensure that appropriate documentation is in place and necessary accommodations are made. Coordinate all aspects: FMLA, CFRA, PDL, PFL, payroll, in-house systems, DWC, OSHA logs, and billing.
- Safety Team: Play a crucial role in the cross-departmental safety team, conduct quarterly meetings, help create training and development goals for the team (i.e. CPR & First Aid), propose annual budget, revise and implement evacuation procedures & drills
- Talent: Monitor regular compliance training, Work with leadership to complete performance reviews and employee relations, Full-cycle recruiting, onboarding, FLSA, compensation analysis, attrition/turnover reports, workforce planning
- Perks: Source perks for employees such as: CSA, credit union, gym membership and theme park discounts.
- Event planning: Plan, coordinate, and execute staff engagement events
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Familiar with Federal and CA Employment and Labor laws and regulations
- Advanced level of proficiency in ADP Workforce Now and MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task with attention to details and a high level of accuracy
- Ability to perform data and information analysis and draw logical conclusion
- Ability to use available resources to find solutions or answers
- Ability to be pro-active and always follow through
- Ability to work confidently in a rapidly changing, fast-paced and results-oriented start-up environment where a high degree of flexibility is required
- Excellent listening skills with ability to keep confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- 4-year college degree plus minimum 7-10 years HR experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience administering benefits and LOAs
- PHR/CPP certification preferred not required
- Office Only: Typically works in an office environment
- Requires sitting, operating a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment for extended periods of time
$105,000 - $140,000 annually is the estimated pay range for this role working in Fremont, California office. It does not include bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, AD&D insurance, Paid Time Off, EAP, & 401(k). The final amount will be determined based on qualifications & experience of the candidate relative to the role.
ASUS is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, pregnancy/ breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, as well as any other characteristic protected by law, regulation or local ordinance, and strives to comply with all applicable laws on the subject. These employment decisions extend to hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, termination, recruitment, pay and other forms of compensation, training and other terms and conditions of employment.