Business Development Manager - SLED
Job Description Overview:
BDM for ASUS Systems Business Group assigned to our SLED Sales Team. Responsible for all SLED Sales development with assigned End Customers within an assigned geography. Required to penetrate Top 1000 US K12 School Districts in a multistate region of the US. The candidate will work to develop business relationships that best leverage a variety of solutions for Education & Government verticals.
Territory Focus: PA, MD, NY, NJ, MA or ID, MT, WY, NV, UT, CO, AZ, NM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with all ASUS Sales Teams & Product Management Teams to develop go-to-market strategies for ASUS Products and Services within assignment.
- Proactively identifies sales opportunities inside Top 1000 US K12 School Districts.
- Focuses to develop ASUS relationships and engagement within all levels of the assigned account base.
- Executes a business plan focused on driving unit/revenue growth and measurement against defined targets for the assigned account base.
- Maintains multiple contacts within a large customer base, providing routine communication about ASUS products, programs, offers, and promotions.
- Travels as needed to conduct presentations, lead onsite communications, conduct face-to-face trainings & meetings that will further develop ASUS business.
- Weekly, Monthly, Quarterly business tracking & internal communication (ACI) to drive awareness, visibility, and needs for both short-term & long-term sales opportunities/pipeline/development within DMR.
- Focus to analyze and develop End Customer demand for strategic/target SLED verticals.
Required Knowledge, Years of Education, Work Experience, Skill Sets, and/or Certification:
- College Degree required.
- 5-10 years of prior Outside Sales experience in IT Hardware, Software, or Services.
- Named Account relationships and knowledge of the Commercial PC/Client business.
- High understanding of Indirect Commercial Sales and Customer acquisition process.
- Strong Presentation and Communication skills.
- Ability to articulate the ASUS value proposition.
- Ability to influence at all levels both with customers, and internally at ASUS.
- Expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, customer buying patterns and marketing techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across organizations.
- Exceptional time management, prioritization, attention to detail, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-direct and work remotely.
- Highly proficient with MS Powerpoint and Excel.
If applicable, Preferred Qualifications:
- Leadership experience & capability.
- Business plan development and execution.
- Demonstrated quota achievement.
- Strong knowledge of Commercial Distribution, the BSPP Channel and SLED End Customers.
- Technical proficiency in Computer Hardware/IT environments.
- Proven ability to sell in a complex and dynamic situations.
- Works remotely in the US.
- Daily required Telephone, Email, Communication duties.
- Weekly, Monthly and Quarterly Face-to-Face Training, Client Engagement, Internal Reporting.
- Travel as needed/required by role & customer cadence.