IT Specialist / Systems Admin | Req#2777
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for an IT specialist / System Admin requiring a Public Trust clearance located in Newport, OR. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense. In this role, you will be responsible for providing IT support to Department of Commerce desktop users, and for supporting, maintaining, and updating IT systems that are used in the Department of Commerce workplace, on research vessels, and on research aircraft.
The ideal candidate will be a proactive team player who can work both independently and within a team environment. Possess the ability to work in a challenging environment producing positive results that demonstrates a high degree of attention to quality, detail, correctness and deadlines in a multi-tasking, priority changing environment. Must be able to work with a variety of people and departments and maintain confidentiality. Must be available to work and provide help desk support after normal business hours. Potential for travel: 25%
What is in it for you?
- ActioNet - Washington Post Top 100 Places to Work - 8 yrs in a row
- Supporting a customer with interesting and exciting mission
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide day to day IT desktop support to the Department of Commerce
- Perform system updates
- Manage Windows servers
- Manage AD, create, modify and remove accounts
- Provide remote support to the Department of Commerce customers.
- Possess Tier I support monitoring and managing ticket queue
- Possess Tier 2 user desktop support either remotely or onsite
- Mid-level experience with both MS Windows workstation and server operating system
- installation and administration
- Mid-level experience with Active Directory configuration and administration
- Mid-level experience building and maintaining Windows workstation and server install
- mid-level experience with Windows installation using Windows Deployment Services
- mid-level experience with preparation of and troubleshooting computer hardware and
- Experience with the use of Remote tools
Basic networking knowledge is a plus
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.