DevSecOps Engineer/Linux Administrator (Mid-Level) | Req#2998
ActioNet is seeking a DevSecOps Engineer with a focus on Linux Administration to provide mid level technical operational support, administration and maintenance of the production applications, Middleware platforms and infrastructure ensuring services meet operational targets, achieve high availability and performance. This position offers excellent self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and a strong work ethic. This position is 100% remote.
- Operational support for Operating systems, platforms, and components such as, Red Hat Linux, JBoss, Apache
- Proactively monitor systems, report/and troubleshoot issues.
- Ensure availability, problem resolution and performance tuning/improvement
- Perform system changes such as software deployments and upgrades.
- Document problems and resolutions in internal and organizational documentation.
- Develop system automation process to reduce redundancy and user error.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams for operational support, software deployment, deployment processes and projects.
- Review system and application logs, and backup/verification/restore of system and application data.
- Mature and Maintain the Operational Excellence of our program for the Linux based systems and services.
- Deploy, and maintain infrastructure resources to support the delivery of products and services to clients at scale
- Install RHEL Linux operating systems
- Install, and configure server components including Apache, Tomcat, Informix DB
- Maintain operating systems, and platform components with regular patch management
- Support and assist portal end-users in configuration of user accounts and other capabilities
- Build, and maintain operating system images in line with industry best practice, and security standards
- Assist the infrastructure team in the administration of other resources as related to service delivery
- Coordinate, and communicate with internal teams as needed in support of service delivery
- Provide technical support for external client administrators in management of client-hosted infrastructure deployments
- Perform regular monitoring of compliance, and regulatory controls
- Ability to remediate findings from security vulnerability and network scanning
- Maintain procedural, and technical documentation
- Help with SSL cert installation & troubleshooting
- Be available for on-call support, or system changes outside normal office hours
- Participate on-call duties to provide afterhours support.
- Understand and demonstrate an ability to manage and an interest in the requirements listed below.
- 3+ years of experience managing systems and applications running on Linux operating systems, and Unix server setup, deployment, and maintenance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Programming, Computer Engineering or relevant computer-based major.
- Relevant experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Proficiency with deployment, and maintenance of Red Hat Linux, OS, Apache, Tomcat, and Informix components
- Proficiency with scripting or coding using Bash, or Python
- Strong networking, and internet technology knowledge (HTTP, SMTP, firewall, DNS, TCP/IP, and load balancing concepts)
- Working experience with Trend Micro Deep Security, Sumo Logic, Burp Suite Scanner, HP Fortify an asset
- Works closely with the platform team to ensure product teams are successful.
- Working knowledge of Software Build process and a strong "security first" mindset.
- RedHat Certified Systems Administrator
- Working experience with Cloud preferred
Communication and Organizational Requirements
- Strong, and effective communication, and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills and troubleshooting ability
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Experience communicating and collaborating with developers, testers, systems engineer, DBAs, scrum masters, business owners and management
- Ability to work independently and with various other teams across the organization
- Ability to work with teams that support application (both centralized and distributed)
- Familiarity with the Agile principles and methodology, SAFe Framework
- Strong familiarity with Agile software management tools like Atlassian applications
- Must be a strong teammate, well organized and able to handle multiple assignments and responsibilities simultaneously
- Ability to plan, facilitate, and participate in systems and platform upgrades, service, and preventative maintenance activities
- Excellent written and soft skills are required.
- Demonstrated customer service focus, work ethic and attention to detail are critical to success in this position.
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.