Java Developer | Req#2660
ActioNet is looking for a Java Developer for the RMAS Program, located in Washington DC / Remote.
This role is to provide hands on application support, at the national level, for a complex, mission-critical system. This position offers outstanding self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and inherent work ethic.
- Identifying the root cause of problems, providing quick solutions to user-reported issues, assisting in software upgrade implementations, and identifying trends to help create better, more robust, and stable products
- Interfacing with technical and non-technical users
- Creating tickets that include details related to the analysis of the root cause of the issue, possible workarounds, and recommended software changes. All software/systems changes are handled by another team
- Participating in after-hours support outside of normal business hours during weekends when required
- Serving as a team member responsible for providing deep level software support to support offices
- Acting as a point of contact to the National Support Desk (NSD) and the Enterprise Operations Center (EOC) staff members
- Designated point of contact for all user reported software application features, data, access, and performance related issues unresolved by the NSD or EOC
- Identifying solutions and documenting the processes for remediation of issues
- Working directly with partners using a combination of remote access tools, conference calls, and person-to-person calls
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
- 2+ years of code development or enterprise application systems support background
- 2+ years of experience in software troubleshooting and operational support
- 2+ years of application development and implementation experience using a combination tools such as the Atlassian Suite, Git Bitbucket, Open Shift, and Ansible
- 2+ years of experience in SQL, mySQL, Informix, OutServ, and Linux Versions 6, 7
- Help desk experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of Java, Perl, web application development (including web services), and Apache Tomcat
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in working with technical and non-technical people and the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships among all levels of an organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Good interpersonal skills with strong customer service orientation
- Work independently on a given task with little to minimum assistance and within the framework of a team
Education & Experience:
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career.
Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.