Network Engineer 2nd & 3rd Shift (Remote Opportunity) | Req#2190
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Network Engineer (2nd & 3rd shift) requiring a Secret clearance located in Vienna, VA. This is a remote opportunity; must be within a 2 hour driving radius from DC.
ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
As a Network Engineer, you will provide technical expertise and support for Database Management Systems supporting a very large Federal program.
What is in it for you?
The selected candidate will become a key part of a dynamic Agile team with a mission to design, build, test, field, operate, maintain, and secure a federal-wide information technology (IT) service used by and supporting all federal civilians, military members, and government contractors.
As a member of an established and fast-growing company, you will be provided with excellent training opportunities, job experience, and unlimited potential to advance.
You will receive a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Professional training reimbursement
...and much, much more!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support new installation and configuration of Juniper network systems hosted in AWS GovCloud environment.
- Install and maintain various tools and systems in the AWS environment.
- Perform and manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of business systems in a DoD environment.
- Optimize system operation and resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Assist users in accessing and using business systems.
- Create and maintain proper documentation for systems.
- Assess and recommend areas for improvement.
- Six years of direct experience within the past eight years required.
- Associates Degree or higher in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Math, Engineering).
- 10 or more years of general experience including at least seven years directly related experience may be substituted for the required degree.
- Experience in AWS GovCloud Networking (e.g. VPCs, security groups, network segmentation), preferably in a DoD CC SRG IL 4+ capacity
- Juniper Network experience
- Must have Secret clearance
- Must be U.S. citizen
- Experience as a Systems Administrator supporting an Agile/DevSecOps environment
- Strong RedHat Linux experience
- Secure Cloud Computing Architecture (SCCA) experience
- Experience supporting customers in the Department of Defense
- MilCloud and/or experience support environments hosted within DISA Data Centers
- Juniper SRX experience
- Nagios and/or AppDynamics experience
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.