ISP Cable Installation Technician | Req#2816
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Inside Plant (ISP) Cable Installer located in Honolulu, Hawaii. ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator headquartered in Vienna, VA that works with the Federal Government and Department of Defense.
It is simple. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
The Inside Plant (ISP) cable installer must be able to understand and apply a comprehensive collection of installation-specific information to plan and execute tasks that includes:
• Perform advanced testing and troubleshooting for both copper and optical fiber installations.
• Discuss and evaluate numerous specific applications of information and communications technology (ICT) cabling installation.
• Make recommendations based on applicable codes, standards, and best practices.
• Implement the job plan and scope of work as well as perform retrofits and upgrades for existing infrastructure.
• Perform testing and verification.
• Identify an active voice or data circuit.
• Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
• Able to work with a team of installers.
• Comply with OSHA standards and identify and correct potential safety and health hazards.
• Professional cabling installations for floor, modular furniture, walls, and communication closets. Installation of cable hanging support structures. (Terminate CAT.5, CAT.5e, CAT.6 jacks and fiber optics. Mount face plates and surface mount boxes correctly).
Build out of communication closets (Mount and install backboards, racks, patch panels, fiber optic and hardware). Install grounding for racks, equipment and cable as required. Complete all IDC connections (e.g. terminate 1 10/66 blocks and patch panels).
• Strong understanding of reading drawings and performing takeoffs to form a BOM
• Excellent understanding of voice and data cabling including: fiber optics terminations and installations, CAT.5, CAT5e & CAT.6, and EIA/TIA standards and BICSI installation guidelines
• Access Control, Audio Video, Fiber Optic Install, Video Surveillance, Voice/Data Cabling
• Establish voice and data networks by installing, terminating and splicing cables.
• Installing telecommunications equipment, routers, and switches, establishing connections, and programming features following industry standards.
• Verify service by testing circuits, equipment and alarms, identifying, correcting or escalating problems.
• Documents network by labeling and routing equipment and cables.
• Troubleshoot and repair equipment and ISP/OSP issues.
• Must be able to work at heights, off of a ladder and in confined spaces, lift up to 50 pounds and move up to 75 pounds
• Familiar with Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc…).
• Telecommunications installation experience: 1 year
• US Citizen
• Must be able to pass a Federal Background check
• Valid Driver’s License
DoD Secret Clearance
DoD 8570,.01M IAT II (Security + CE) certification