Business Development Manager, Energy Storage, America
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006. Canadian Solar is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Energy Storage, America
Reports to: Vice President, Global Sales, MMS
The Business Development Manager, Energy Storage, America, is responsible for specifying, planning and growth of new product and solution in the Energy Storage segment of Solar Market. This role is in a key position to formulate innovative product solution and will form productive and sustainable relationships with external and internal business partners (both suppliers and customers) to ensure the ongoing and focused development and success of our business expansion.
- Collect & understand customer needs, market trends and input from across organizational leadership to align product strategy and roadmap in the Energy Storage market segment.
- Develop and engage early adopter customer in testing and launching of new Energy Storage product and solutions
- Carry out feasibility studies/business plans for product or service improvement, customizing, re-modeling and new product / sales / service development
- Assess operational issues in regards to competitiveness, staying current in terms of trends, innovations and pricing while staying up to date with external and internal developments in the environment for identifying new market segments
- Align with internal development and delivery team or external supplier to ensure consistency in product and schedule expectation. Conduct and participate in midterm and final product design review to asses product quality
- Align and help develop product after service strategy with internal and external service partner
- Work with field marketing and sales team in managing product launch process
- Minimum 5 year’ experience in Storage and solar industry
- Proven track record of business development experience
- Confident with decision making in regards to determining Product guidelines, purpose, following through and completion
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and Product expenditures
- Entrepreneurial background in a Sales capacity
- Can-do personality, competitive and driven
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills
- Ability to travel as required – expected travel requirement app. 50-60%.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Qualified candidates please send resumes with salary expectation to [email protected]
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.