Warehouse Supervisor - Job Description
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Warehouse Supervisor
Reports To: Warehouse Manager
The Senior Warehouse Supervisor is responsible for efficient operations of the warehousing, leading a team of shipping/receiving, materials handling and warehouse clerk. Primary responsibilities encompass leadership and supervision of employees, finished goods and raw material preservation and transactions; Health & Safety, cost management and reduction, risk management and continuous improvement.
- Provides effective leadership, supervision, motivation and development of warehouse employees for safe, efficient and cost-effective operation of warehouse
- Ability to take over the Manager’s tasks when the Manager is not available
- Supports Warehouse Manager in activities in warehouse activities including WMS system, SOP/WI, KPI, ISO, safety
- Leads a team of shipper/receivers, material handlers, and inventory clerks responsible for raw materials, finished goods, non-raw material items’ shipping, receiving, warehousing and material transfer
- Knows all warehouse positions to be able to step in when/where help is needed; trouble shoot ERP or system issues; engage in process and work environment analysis and improvement when issues are found
- Interacts professionally with all departments, customers and vendors
- Maintains inventory accuracy. Conduct raw materials, finished goods inventory count in compliance with company control and audit standard. Prepare inventory report and root cause analysis; establish preventative actions
- Communicates with other warehouse shifts to ensure smooth shift transition
- Works closely with EHS and all departments to ensure the development, implementation and maintenance of effective programs, and promote a positive safety & health awareness within the supervisory and employee groups
- Ensures that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Code of Business Conduct
- Adheres to all environmental, health and safety rules and policies
- Conducts other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3+ years of experience in warehouse management position, preferable in an high volume environment
- Logistics experience required for local, national and international shipping
- Post-secondary education (diploma or degree) in related field
- Competent computer skills in MS Office, previous experience with SAP or similar ERP system
- Strong knowledge of Warehouse Management Systems (WMS) and Inventory Management
- High level of self- motivation, initiative, and work under pressure
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Well organized, energetic and a team player
- Flexibility in hours is mandatory
- Forklift certificate an asset
The company reserves the right to change the duties and responsibilities of this position at any time as its own discretion.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.