Director of Business Development (Energy Storage - US)
Canadian Solar Inc. (NASDAQ: CSIQ) is a vertically-integrated manufacturer of solar cells, modules and custom-designed solar power applications. Canadian Solar’s world-class team of professionals works closely with our customers to provide them with solutions for all of their solar needs. Founded in 2001, Canadian Solar is one of the world’s fastest-growing companies in the solar industry and has been listed on the NASDAQ since November 2006.
As one of the world’s largest solar technology and renewable energy companies, Canadian Solar aims to power the world with solar energy and to create a cleaner Earth for future generations.
Our culture and people are our most important assets and a key source of our competitive advantage. We strive to “Make the Difference” in our work by cultivating a corporate culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion, and creating a lasting positive impact on society and the communities where we operate.
Job Title: Director of Business Development, Energy Storage, US
Reports to: General Manager, Commercial, SSES
Location:Remote, US or Canada
The Director of Business Development, Energy Storage, US, is responsible for furthering the deployment of Canadian Solar’s integrated solution for the utility scale Energy Storage market in the United States. This role is in a key position to grow a new division with an established renewable energy company will drive productive and sustainable relationships with external and internal business partners (both suppliers and customers) to ensure the ongoing and focused development and success of our business expansion.
- Collect & understand customer needs, market trends and input from across organizational leadership to align product strategy and roadmap in the Energy Storage market segment.
- Engage with leading energy storage developers within the Australia and the broader APAC region to understand their key business drivers to ensure our product and service offering maximizes value for their portfolio.
- Develop proposals in response to customers tender requirements to ensure our product offering is optimized from both a technical and commercial basis.
- Explore new market segments for expansion of our product offering.
- Align with internal development and delivery team or external supplier to ensure consistency in product and schedule expectation. Conduct and participate in midterm and final product design review to asses product quality.
- Align and help develop product after service strategy with internal and external service partner.
- Work with field marketing and sales team in managing product launch process.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Storage and solar industry.
- Proven track record of business development experience.
- Experience and ability to review and respond to customers procurement processes.
- Confident with decision making in regards to determining Product guidelines, purpose, following through and completion.
- Understanding of financial reports including budgetary guidelines and Product expenditures.
- Entrepreneurial background in a sales capacity.
- Experience in negotiating engineering procurement and construction contracts.
- Can-do personality, competitive and driven.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
- High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and/or reasoning to identify underlying principles, reasons, or facts.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently and proactively without supervision.
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- Ability to travel as required – expected travel requirement app. 50-60%.
Compensation & Benefits
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement.
Canadian Solar Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.