Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Quality Engineer
Reports To:Quality Manager
The Quality Engineer is responsible for implementing quality policy and meeting quality objectives. He/she will develop and maintain product control plans, drive quality system performance, lead system audits and provide internal training. The Quality Engineering Specialist is also responsible for the coordination and supervision of QC teams, resolution of product issues, and customer support. With a focus on continuous improvement processes, the Quality Engineering Specialist must perform a range of duties supporting other teams to ensure sustainable business operations.
- Develops and maintains control plans and lead new/current product
- Leads cross-functional teams to investigate quality issues and drive solutions
- Follows up on crucial Engineering change activities to ensure EO’s are processed seamlessly
- Leads and supervises Quality Control activities
- Assumes responsibility for technical responses to customers on quality issues; lead investigations and drive corrective actions
- Liaises with Suppliers during visits, conduct process/system audits
- Tracks and resolves open issues pertaining to new product launches, develop control documents and other Customer/Supplier required quality documentation
- Provides written technical responses to Customers on quality issues, i.e. CAR
- Visits supplier sites, working to continually work on improvement plans
- Leads and supervises material quality, IQC, MRB, new material activities
- Leads internal audits, provides training, coach Junior Quality Technicians
- Ensures that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Supports ISO 9001 activities
- Adheres to all environmental, health, and safety rules and policies
- Conducts other duties as required
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of 4 years) or equivalent years of education; Special consideration given to Quality Accreditation’s (AQC/AIAG) and technical courses completed (Auditor, etc.)
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a Quality capacity within a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to drive process/product quality control, lean manufacturing
- Good current working knowledge of AIAG standards (PQP, PPAP & PFMEA) Cpk, SPC, 8D
- Six sigma an asset
- Quality Control background, including problem solving and root cause analysis
- Professional demeanour at all times
- Strong leadership abilities and confident, consistent, decisive personality
- Must be able to work with little supervision, must be self-directed
- Attention to detail in all area of work
- Desire for innovative thinking and continual learning
- Excellent coaching, mentoring, mediating and negotiating skills
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills with MS Office and e-mail required.
- Good written and verbal communication skills in English. Mandarin language skills are a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.
Original: December 2016
Revised: February 2018