Production Material Supervisor
Job Description – Canadian Solar Solutions Inc.
Canadian Solar Inc. is one of the world’s largest solar modular producers. As a leading vertically integrated provider of ingots, wafers, solar cells, solar modules, solar power systems and specialized solar products, Canadian Solar delivers uncompromising value to its customers across the globe.
Position Title: Production Material Supervisor
Reports To:Production Manager
It will be responsible for the overall material control and production data control. Also, the position needs to manage production materials to help drive continuous improvement in our material inventory accuracy, consumption rates, scrap rates and repair rates. It will co-ordinate and verify raw material deliveries to Production throughout the shift and ensure sufficient material to keep the lines running effectively.
- Responsible for working with production department regarding material control, consumption, repair, and scrap
- Leads material teams to support production and minimize losses caused by line shut down
- Assists in organizing and leading, when required, in periodic inventory count and cycle count activities for materials and finished goods
- Ensure that all business activities are performed with the highest ethical standards and in compliance with the Canadian Solar Solution Code of Business Conduct
- Provide leadership by instilling team goals and objectives while fostering positive staff relationships
- Coordinate with operational departments to achieve company goals
- Communicates results and issues to shift staff
- Ensures compliance with company policies and procedures
- Sets and communicates daily/weekly/monthly objectives to employees
- Submits performance and progress reports
- Identifies issues in efficiency throughout the department and suggest improvements
- Enforces strict safety guidelines and adherence company standards
- Sets goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision, communicating them to subordinates
- Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks
- Monitors employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- Completes other duties and projects as assigned
Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, business management, or a related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience with production/material control in a manufacturing environment in addition to a track record of success in prior roles with similar responsibilities
- Able to sensitively, tactfully, confidentially, diplomatically, and professionally work with professionals and nonprofessional alike
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Attention to detail in all areas of work
- Analytical and time management skills
- Computer literacy, including effective use of MS Office, experience with enterprise ERP /MRP systems (ie. or other software)
- Intermediate skills in Excel
- High School Diploma, Degree in an accounting, or industrial relevant field will be an advantage
- Mandarin an asset
Compensation and Benefits:
Canadian Solar offers a competitive salary plus fully comprehensive benefits and performance bonus package based on an annual objective achievement. Our generous benefits package includes a 401(k) Retirement Plan, medical/dental/life/disability program, PTO and sick days. This is a full time position.
Note: Canadian Solar Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to ensuring accessibility for persons with disabilities by identifying, removing and preventing barriers to promote the rights of all persons and to create an inclusive and accessible working environment. Upon individual request, Canadian Solar will endeavor to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate those candidates with disabilities.