Product Support Engineer - Cloud
Senior Cloud Product Support Engineer
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformations of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems, with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability.
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research in July 2020 as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Use your expertise and knowledge of networking, telecom, and cloud services technologies to provide technical and product support for Communications Service Providers and other customers utilizing the Wind River Cloud Platform. In a dynamic, customer-facing environment, you will partner with customers as they deploy and operate their solutions on the Wind River cloud infrastructure. Primary functions will include Technical/Product Support, Deployment & Integration Support, Upgrades and Patching, and recovering systems during full or partial outages on a live carrier network. Role will evolve to include activities such as solution validation, software validation, account support, Methods and Procedures development, knowledge transfers, internal training, etc. It is critical that the individual in this role be constantly developing and deepening his/her expertise in the Wind River Cloud Platform and industry technologies to become true product experts for both internal and external customers.
Interface & Collaboration
• This opportunity will see the successful candidate working and collaborating with engineers and technicians at all levels, including management layers, across multiple product lines. Wind River Engineering and Technical Support works globally to deliver our products, from Canada to the US, to China, Costa Rica, Romania and beyond.
• Wind River’s engineers get to interface and work with cross-organizational teams in understanding and providing for our customer’s needs, wants and pain points, seeing first-hand what drives the business success today and tomorrow.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
• Direct Technical Support in support of customer requirements & SLA’s
• Assist with Deployment & Product Integration activities
Wind River Job Description
• Emergency Recovery for outages reported by customers
• Product expertise internally and externally
• Mentor and train others in the organization
• Technical escalation point for Tier 1 organization supporting customer SLA’s
• Customer SLA’s & Customer Satisfaction
• Case Quality, Professional Communication, Customer Success
• Product Expertise
• Continuous Learning, Organizational & Company Success
• BS/BA, BSCS/BSEE degree preferred, plus five years of experience minimum
General Experience/ Competencies
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
• Demonstrated success consulting with customers resolving complex problems
• Experience working with large CSP’s (Communications Service Providers) a plus
• Ability to work in a dynamic, sometimes high pressure, customer facing environment
• Ability to travel on a limited basis to both customer and internal Wind River sites
• Linux server administration experience ideally RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Ubuntu
• Familiar with BMC, boot process, file systems, network devices,
• Familiarity with any shell environment
• Working understanding of virtualization concepts and virtual system administration technologies
• Working Understanding of cloud concepts and architectures
• Working knowledge of the OSI model and related concepts.
• Networking experience including switching, routing, LAN, WAN, VPN, DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Firewalls, NAT
• Familiarity with OS Networking tools such as ping, tracert, tcpdump, WireShark, IP, route, iptables
• Familiarity with HPE, Dell, etc Server peripherals such as BMC, USB boot up drives, pxeboot, SSD/NVMe disk drives and controllers, video controllers, network interfaces, network accelerator cards, keyboard & mouse controllers as well as associated cables, power supplies and backplanes
• Experience troubleshooting all aspects of Server operation, from problems during initial turn up to hardware and post configuration-related issues of system operation.
• Working knowledge of enterprise storage and storage-clusters solutions like Database, NAS, SAN, vSAN, Cloud Storage
• Familiarity with ephemeral and persistent storage such as ceph
• Experience with containers and containerization platforms such as Docker
• Experience or familiarity managing containers in a Kubernetes environment
• Managing groups of servers using Ansible playbooks a plus
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.