Linux Senior Development Engineer
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The team you will represent is pivotal to Wind River Linux operating system, which is based on Yocto opensource project.
You contribution in this role will impact the success of Wind River Linux customers.
The focus of this role is to solve the issues reported by customers.
Interface & Collaboration
Report directly to a local manager
You will be an integral part of the Wind River Linux Sustaining team
You will collaborate with global support team.
- Resolve escalations and TSRs (Technical Support Requests) from customers under SLA (Service Level Agreement)
- Fix defects reported by internal users
- Security issues monitoring and fixes
- Design and implement software components for Wind River Linux Operating System
- Integrate open source or independent software vendors' software components
- Design and implement use cases for various Linux components
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Good troubleshooting ability
- A self-motivated person with high responsibility
- It's better if you understand compiler
- If you has the experience in developing Yocto project, you will succeed
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related majors
- At least 3 years Linux platform working experience, including kernel, user space, and build systems
- Experience on C, python and Shell programming
- Experience on git is required
- Deep understanding of processor architectures: ARM, PPC, MIPS, and X86, at least one of them.
- Good English communication skills in reading, writing and speaking
- Knowledge and experience on Linux distributions (Ubuntu, Fedora, OpenSuse, etc)
Benefits & Perks
- Social Welfare Allowance
- Transportation & Lunch Allowance
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Learning Programs
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.