Senior Systems Analysts - Cloud
In a world increasingly driven by software innovation, Wind River is pioneering the technologies to accelerate the digital transformation of our customers with a new generation of Mission Critical AI Systems in an AI-first world with the most exacting standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Success will be determined by our ability to innovate with velocity and sell at the solutions level.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River Systems is seeking an experienced, high-performing Systems Architect for a position to provide Systems engineering design and guidance to cloud platform solutions. Based at the Kanata R&D facility, with remote options, the successful candidate will join a highly skilled development engineering team delivering 5G telecom grade cloud platform, IoT solutions, pioneering many new industry-leading capabilities. WRCP is currently deployed with major service providers globally and is undergoing expansion to provide a cloud-native platform for containerized applications in addition to supporting virtual machines and bare metal nodes.
The successful candidate must have several years of experience in software and network design and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
Who You Will Work With:
- The successful candidate will collaborate with Platform Engineering and Architecture, System Test, Product Management, and customer-facing teams to ensure quality Engineered Solutions.
- Contribute to a highly available, carrier-grade platform that will be the platform of choice for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality.
- Work as part of an agile Scrum team
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, accelerated networking and fault-tolerant/carrier-grade development, design, measure and recommend platform designs for Wind River and Customer solutions.
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options and configurations.
- Develop and deliver high-quality system design recommendations and best practices.
- Discover Engineering consideration not part of the feature designs.
- Develop automated tests and tools for enabling faster design and test cycles.
- Participate in the review of software and network engineering solutions.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 10+ years of relevant technical experience in systems engineering, software, and network design.
- Strong understanding of cloud architecture to deliver virtual and cloud application solutions.
- Strong experience with Networking Diagnostic Tools.
- Excellent design and architecture skills to read code, Python, Go and C/C++. Etc. and review network designs.
- Senior-level design experience delivering solutions on Linux software.
- Experience with networking software development – with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Datapath/packet processing software
- Linux networking
- Virtual switching (OVS, OVS-DPDK)
- Networking and routing protocols
- Clustered Storage Solutions - CEPH
- Kubernetes networking
- Software-defined networking (SDN)
- Architecture and detailed design experience with containerized solutions and cloud-based technologies, including OpenStack.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with network management tools.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Contribution to the open-source community would be an asset.
- Experience with deployment tools (Ansible, Puppet, Shell Scripting).
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.