Senior Cloud/Containers Software Developer
Why Choose Wind River?
Wind River’s impact spans critical infrastructure domains such as telecommunications, including 5G; industrial (automation, sustainable energy, robotics, mining), connected healthcare and medical devices, automotive (connected and self-driving vehicles), and aerospace & defense. We were recognized by VDC Research as #1 in Edge Compute OS Platforms, overtaking Microsoft as the overall commercial leader. Wind River regularly wins industry recognitions for excellence in IoT security, cloud and edge computing, as well as 8 consecutive years as a “Top Work Place”. If you’re passionate about amplifying your impact on the world, in a caring, respectful culture with a growth mindset, come join us and help lead the way into the future of the intelligent edge!
Within the Wind River Cloud team, we work with large-scale projects like Kubernetes, Docker, OpenStack and fast-paced Open-Source technologies that are in high demand from our customers. Wind River Cloud has adopted these technologies into the core of our product, which is driving us to find experienced and high-performing individuals that can learn and contribute to these container and virtualization solutions. In addition, Wind River Cloud team is a leading contributor to the Open Source StarlingX cloud native project, to manage and maintain the critical infrastructure for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Autonomous Vehicles, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality. Wind River contributes and builds upon the work within StarlingX to ensure it meets the demands of these critical applications.
Who You Will Work With:
The successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering a highly available, carrier grade platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities.
- Develop leading edge, high performance cloud and container technologies for the Edge.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today – Kubernetes (K8S), Helm, Openstack, Ansible, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, VM management and fault tolerant/carrier grade development.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Develop and deliver high quality design and code.
- Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 10 years of relevant technical experience in software development.
- Experience with Linux software development.
- Excellent programming skills using Python and C/C++.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Development experience with containers and/or cloud-based technologies including OpenStack and Kubernetes would be an asset.
- Exposure to Ansible, Puppet, SQL and Go would be an asset.
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.