Senior Cloud Networking & Security Developer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Based out of the Kanata R&D facility, the successful candidate will join a highly skilled development team delivering the world’s first telecom grade cloud platform, pioneering many new industry leading capabilities. Titanium Cloud is currently deployed with major service providers globally and is undergoing expansion to provide a cloud native platform for containerized applications in addition to supporting virtual machines and bare metal nodes
Interface & Collaboration
The successful candidate will work and collaborate with development and customer facing teams to ensure high levels of product quality.
- Contribute to a highly available, carrier grade platform which will be the platform of choice for highly distributed Edge solutions, including 5G, Industrial Automation and Augmented Reality.
- Work with the most dynamic and exciting open source software projects today –Kubernetes (K8s), Docker, Helm, Openstack, Ansible, DPDK, etc.
- Work as part of a team focused on containerization, virtualization, accelerated networking and fault tolerant/carrier grade development.
- Contribute actively to StarlingX, an open source project under the OpenStack Foundation - a fully featured cloud for the distributed edge (https://www.starlingx.io/).
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Develop and deliver high quality designs and code.
- Develop automated tests, enabling faster design and test cycles.
- Investigate and resolve issues reported during product verification and customer integration.
- Provide consultation to documentation and customer-facing teams.
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process using agile development.
The successful candidate must have several years of experience in software development and be a highly adaptable team player who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced agile environment. A combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must.
- BSc / MSc degree (Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree).
- 7+ years of relevant technical experience in software development.
- Excellent programming skills using Python, Go and C/C++.
- Experience with Linux software development
- Experience with networking software development – with experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Datapath/packet processing software
- Linux networking
- Virtual switching (OVS, OVS-DPDK)
- Networking and routing protocols
- DPDK development
- Kubernetes networking
- SDN technologies
- Experience with network security – including PKI and IPSec.
- Some development experience with containers and/or cloud-based technologies, including OpenStack.
- Strong analytical and debugging skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Exceptional team player who works well in collaborative environments.
- Self-managed, fast learner with the desire and ability to master new technologies.
- Experience with evaluating emerging technologies, making recommendations on best options.
- Familiarity with iterative and agile/scrum software development processes.
- Exposure to other languages (Ansible, Puppet, SQL, Shell Scripting) would be an asset.
- Contribution to the open source community would be an asset.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Onsite Fitness room
- Discounted onsite yoga classes
- Optional enrollment in our Group RRSP plan
- Organic fruits and veggies twice a week
- Bagels every Wednesday
- Stocked fridges with free drinks
- Discounted onsite massages every Wednesday
- Walking trails around the golf courses
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.