Senior Revenue Accountant
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Wind River has a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Revenue Accountant! As a member of the Revenue Team, you will work in a fast-paced environment and build relationships both within the accounting team as well as across the entire organization. This is an ideal opportunity for a talented person to grow and improve his/her analytic, accounting, and presentation skills.
Interface & Collaboration
- The successful candidate will work and collaborate with Sales, Legal, Deal Desk, Professional Services, Engineering, Product Marketing, FP&A, Tax, and Treasury.
- This position will report to the Director of Revenue
- Partner with key stakeholders on deals during negotiation phase, advise on how to structure non-standard terms, and communicate how revenue would be recognized
- Perform post-contract analysis for complex multi-element deals, unique transactions, and new business models to determine the appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with ASC 606
- Research complex technical accounting issues as required including preparation of related memo and discussion with Senior Finance Management
- Analyze revenue recognition policies and processes in accordance with relevant accounting literature and corporate policy and ensure consistent application
- Execute monthly/quarterly accounting close activities including journal entries, account reconciliations, analytics and reporting
- Assist in supporting the annual audit and other revenue related activities such as SSP testing, revenue forecasting, and other ad hoc projects
Core Competencies & Demonstrated Success
- Team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with emphasis on accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 2+ years of software revenue accounting
- Active CPA (Big 4 experience a plus)
- Advanced Excel skills preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Pet friendly environment
- Pet Insurance
- Christmas, Thanksgiving & July 4th Soft Shutdown periods
- Birthday and Volunteer Time off
- 401K + Company Match
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Virgin Pulse Wellness program
- Management Training
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.