Embedded Software Content Developer
Wind River believes that some things are so important they simply cannot fail. That is why we exist. Wind River software has been running the computing systems of the most important critical infrastructure that demand the highest standards for safety, security, performance, and reliability. Found in more than 2 billion devices, Wind River is pioneering edge compute technologies to accelerate the evolution from automated devices to autonomous systems and we have a place for you!
Wind River Systems is in search of a Customer Education lead content developer as part of our Information Development department. The position’s location is preferably in Ottawa, Canada or Alameda USA, however, we are also open to the position being a virtual position.
Information Development is responsible for developing customer success assets including product documentation, customer training, and multimedia eLearning for software engineers using Wind River’s suite of embedded software solutions.
The successful candidate will be a highly adaptable team player, experienced with embedded development, who can quickly ramp up on new technologies and accomplish goals in a fast-paced Agile environment. In addition to good writing skills, a combination of strong technical and communication skills is a must. Finally, ability and enthusiasm to define and drive key content within our education portfolio will be needed.
The successful candidate must understand and be able to communicate the value that Wind River’s products provide. The high level value proposition, the technical benefits of individual features, and how Wind River helps customers to meet there safe and secure design criteria.
- Communicate the value that Wind River’s products provide.
- Design customer training syllabuses for all Wind River software products, with a focus on VxWorks.
- Using released and pre-release versions of Wind River Products, independently identify and demonstrate workflows that require training assets
- Actively engage with customers, product management, sales teams, and product engineers, to understand how the product is evolving and which training assets are required to ensure customer success.
- An expert hands-on product specialist that guides other Information Development engineers to create compelling Information content. An expert level user of VxWorks and Helix Virtual Platform
- Create customer training labs and lectures in collaboration with subject matter experts in the company
- Participate in review meetings, and collaborate with technical writers and engineers locally and in various other geographic locations to create and update content and define best practices in content development.
- Help certify Instructors to teach customer education courses.
- eLearning requirement subject prioritization, identify SME requirement to meet those requirements
- Quickly ramp up on new products acquired or developed by Wind River to provide guidance on what customer success assets are required to ensure market success of the new product.
- Act as SME (subject matter expert) for the technical writers when a subject matter expert is unavailable.
- 7+ years of experience in technical role in embedded software.
- Expert level knowledge of VxWorks
- Expert at preparing formal slide presentations for a technical audience.
- BSc in Software engineering, computer science, or similar technical degree.
- Experience with virtualization technology applied to embedded computing
- Experience designing educational material for a technical audience.
- Ability to organize information, learns complex concepts, and explains concepts and instructions clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully mentor other engineers
- Ability to work with colleagues across geographic locations and time zones (e.g. Europe and Asia) and flexibility in working hours to accommodate meetings with them.
- Experience as professional lecturer
- Experience with DITA XML authoring or similar structured writing environment.
- Experience with multimedia video and web communication.
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment.
- Experience in solving customer technical problems – such as field engineering, pre-sales, or 3rd tier support.
Wind River is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a commitment to diversity. We prohibit discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.